Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a sneak preview of a recipe coming out in a future magazine (ssshhhh);)
Top Review by evewitch
These turned out really yummy. I only had to mix them for the first 2 minutes using the stand mixer. The dough is really easy to work with and I didn't even need the sugar to make the crosses with. They are very soft after 8 minutes, but that yields the perfect chewy cookie. They taste a bit like peanut butter brownies.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375*F.
- Place all ingredients except sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes or until well blended.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
- BAKE 8 minute or until edges of cookies are set. Cool 2 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.