Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a sneak preview of a recipe coming out in a future magazine (ssshhhh);)
Make and share this Soft & Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (Cake Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 375*F.
- Place all ingredients except sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes or until well blended.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
- BAKE 8 minute or until edges of cookies are set. Cool 2 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
These turned out really yummy. I only had to mix them for the first 2 minutes using the stand mixer. The dough is really easy to work with and I didn't even need the sugar to make the crosses with. They are very soft after 8 minutes, but that yields the perfect chewy cookie. They taste a bit like peanut butter brownies.
These were good! It took awhile to mix it well but was easy tp form into balls. Baking them right and the kids are drooling! LOL They smell WONDERFUL! They look great and the dough taste great ~ thanks for the recipe!