Recipe by Crystal B.
Just because the box has a picture of a cake on it, there's no reason to stop there. Everyone will rave over these incredibly chewy cookies. This is from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine Spring 2008 Edition.
Top Review by eBeth
Just made these from my own issue of Kraft Magazine. I was disappointed that they didn't taste more peanut buttery, but I would make them again. Very easy. I would probably cream the egg, cream cheese, and peanut butter together before adding the dry mix. I got 5 dozen cookies.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place all ingredients in large bow. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in cris-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7-8 minutes. or until edges of cookies are set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.