Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just because the box has a picture of a cake on it, there's no reason to stop there. Everyone will rave over these incredibly chewy cookies. This is from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine Spring 2008 Edition.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place all ingredients in large bow. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in cris-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7-8 minutes. or until edges of cookies are set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Just made these from my own issue of Kraft Magazine. I was disappointed that they didn't taste more peanut buttery, but I would make them again. Very easy. I would probably cream the egg, cream cheese, and peanut butter together before adding the dry mix. I got 5 dozen cookies.