Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, for serving
- shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until heated.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa.
- Mix the tomato, avocado, lime zest, and juice, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place the catfish fillets in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Move the broiler rack to a position about 5 inches from the broiler.
- Preheat the broiler; you can move the tortillas to the bottom rack of the oven to keep them warm.
- Broil the catfish for 6-8 minutes, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- The pan will have some liquid that was released from the fish.
- Cut the catfish into strips.
- Top each tortilla with 1/3 cup of lettuce and then the fish strips (sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired).
- Top the tacos with the salsa and shredded cheese; serve with sour cream.