I have listed the yield at 64 pieces sliced at 1-inch squares you may of coarse slice to desired size, you have the option of making the caramels soft or firm by adjusting the cooking time --- you will need a candy thermometer for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line an 8-inch glass square baking pan/dish with foil extending the foil over the edges of the pan.
- 2Generously coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In a heavy 3-quart saucepan melt 1 cup butter over low heat.
- 4Stir in brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup and maple syrup; bring to a bowl stirring gently.
- 5Cook over medium heat stirring often until a candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees (or for a firmer caramel cook to 240 degrees F).
- 6As soon ar the temperature reaches 235 or 240 degrees immediately remove from heat, and stir for 1 minute or until the mixture is smooth and no longer bubbling.
- 7Quickly pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- 8Allow to stand for 3 hours or until cool.
- 9Lifting the foil at the edges of the pan remove the caramel square out of the pan.
- 10Using a buttered knife cut into 1-inch squares.
- 11If desired wrap each piece with coloured plastic wrap.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Candy Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g