Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the Best cookies you'll ever eat. They are a tradition in our family, and are made every chance we get. Very soft, chewy, and delicious. Just like the kind sold for a $1.50 at coffee shops.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 medium eggs (or 2 large ones)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- mix together milk and eggs.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, and white sugar.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda SLOWLY to batter.
- Last, but not least, add 1/2 to 1 cup of chocolate chip, or nuts, (Chopped, roasted walnuts are our favorite, but anything goes).
- Put tablespoons of batter (will be easy to handle) on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake these HEAVENLY cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- WARNING: These will disappear in seconds, so hide a few for yourself before they're gone and you're BEGGED to make more!
These puff up a lot during baking. So started to make them smaller after the first ones came out of the oven. I miss read and used 1/2 tsp of salt, sounds like that was the right thing to do.
I have found these cookies to be a little salty tasteing so instead of 1/2 tablespoon I use a 1/2 teaspoon.They are great.
These were the worst tasting cookies i've ever eaten! Too salty, not sweet enough and in your recipe you do not use any butter or margarine. And in the recipe you say baking soda, but in the instructions you state baking powder which is it! I will not reccommend this recipe to my worst enemy.