Recipe by ChipotleChick
I love polenta! It is so creamy and rich! Serve it with some steamed veggies or a crisp salad and you have a very satisfying meal. This is the recipe that my mother uses. Make sure that you do stir it constantly, as to avoid lumps.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onions or 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium.
- Add onion, and cook 4 minutes or until transparent.
- Stir in 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Mix together 1 cup water and cornmeal.
- Gradually stir into boiling water, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until cornmeal is very thick and leaves the side of the pan as stirred, approx 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and salt.