Recipe by Sonya01
for beverage tag may 08
Top Review by ~Leslie~
I made this for a late breakfast for myself and my DH this morning, we both really enjoyed it. The salsa was really fresh and went well with the eggs. I added some pepperjack cheese and served it with a little of the extra salsa. Delicious! Made for Aussie Swap :)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 white-flour tortillas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup pure cream (thin)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salsa, combine tomato, chilli, half the coriander and 2 teaspoons of oil. Add Tabasco if desired, and season to taste.
- Wrap the stacked tortillas in paper towel, place on a plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Turn stack and heat for a further 30 seconds. Or heat in the oven according to packet directions.
- Lightly whisk the eggs with the cream and remaining coriander. Season. Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, pour in eggs and, using a wooden spoon, fold for 2 minutes until scrambled and almost set. Remove from the heat. Working with one tortilla at a time (keep the rest covered as you work), spoon some egg down the centre, top with salsa and fold over the sides to enclose. Secure with a paper napkin if desired, and serve with any remaining salsa on the side.