1/8 Photos of Soft Bread Crumbs
A great way to turn unwanted bread scraps into a useful ingredient, with variations for making dry bread crumbs. Cook time is for the dry bread crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28.34 g bread, 1 sandwich bread, without added flavorings, or
- 1 roll, without added flavorings
- 1Tear 1 small roll or 1 slice of bread at a time into a blender.
- 2Cover. Turn blender on and off repeatedly until bread is torn into light, uniform crumbs.
- 3Or put bread on a cutting board and use fork tines to tear off crumbs.
- 4Put crumbs into a plastic bag and toss to mix.
- 5Press air from bag; close and freeze.
- 6One (1-ounce) bread slice makes about 1/2 cup lightly packed crumbs.
- 7Dry Breadcrumbs:.
- 8Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius).
- 9Spread soft bread crumbs in a thin layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- 10Dry in oven 30 minutes.
- 12Spread crumbs out in an open plastic bag; crush with a rolling pin.
- 131/2 cup lightly packed soft breadcrumbs makes about 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1006.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g