Recipe by COOKGIRl
Had some pesto on hand and threw this combination together for breakfast earlier in the week.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made this in 2 different ways as per recipe which the DM absolutely loved though I wasn't so keen on the texture of the bread but loved the egg so for me I mixed the pesto with the eggs (which were cooked to perfection) and served with some toasted sour dough on the side and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Cookgirl, made for Make My Recipe tag game.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices Italian bread or 2 slices French bread, thinly sliced, toasted
- butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully place the two eggs in a saucepan of rapidly boiling water.
- Boil for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Shell the eggs and place eggs in a small bowl.
- Cut up the Italian bread into small cubes. (If you want to butter the bread first, go ahead.).
- Add the bread cubes to the eggs.
- Stir in the pesto.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and serve immediately.