Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is basic but a useful reference for these delicious miniature eggs! I was suprised that I could not find directions on how to boil these to perfection, so I worked it out with trial-and-error. Here is the result... perfectly runny yolk, solid albumen!
- 2 bantam eggs (from refrigerator)
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil - enough water to cover the eggs.
- When it has reached a rolling boil, gently drop the eggs in using a tablespoon.
- Now, wait for the water to come back to a rolling boil - approximately 45 seconds!
- Keep the water going for exactly 2 minutes 30 seconds. Remove the eggs.
- Serve these eggs with toast soldiers and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper - yum!
Thanks Zannah! This gave us perfect bantam eggs. Can we assume that we just increase the time for more than 2 eggs??