Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Family Fun Magazine.
Make and share this Soft Beef Tortillas recipe from Food.com.
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 small yellow bell peppers or 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- Heat the oven to 250. Place the tortillas, one at a time, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and warm for 1 minute, flipping once or twice, until soft. Wrap them in a dish towel and keep them warm in the oven.
- To make the beef filling, heat the oil in the skillet over medium. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until it's no longer pink (about 4 minutes). Pour off the liquid.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and tomato sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 10 minutes. (If the sauce is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.)
- Meanwhile, place your toppings in separate small bowls and set them on the table. Choose four or more toppings, depending on your family's tastes.
- Place the warm tortillas in a basket and the beef filling in a bowl. Allow each person to layer ingredients into his or her own tortilla, then fold them up.