Recipe by oloschiavo
This is a recipe which I have adapted from the Australian Women's Weekly Vegetarian cookbook. Not only is it quick and easy, but it tastes great, and is good for you. It's also a handy dish for those who can't eat meat or dairy, and by using wheat-free tortillas you can keep your gluten-intolerant friends happy too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chile, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (35 g) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (420 g) can refried beans
- 1 (420 g) can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 (10 count) packet tortillas
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic and chilli until the onion is soft.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and taco seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add refried beans and kidney beans. Simmer until heated through.
- Stir in coriander.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in low oven until hot (or follow microwave directions on the pack).
- Mash avocado with a fork. Fold in green onions, red bell peppers, taco sauce and lime juice.
- Fill torillas with bean mixture and avocado mixture, then eat! Yum!