Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is supposed to come out like thise soft batch Keebler cookies. Variations for Chesapeake and Sausalito-like cookies are below. This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs in large bowl. Add molasses, vanilla extract and water. Mix thoroughly, scraping sides of bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in gallon-size ziplock bag. Using low speed, gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls; place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown around edges.
- (Pepperidge Farm Crispy Chesapeake Cookies and.
- Pepperidge Farm Sausalito Cookies.
- Simply follow the recipe for the Keebler Soft Batch cookie with these exceptions:.
- 1. Omit the water and molasses. Add 3 cups of chopped pecans. (For the Sausalito cookie, substitute macadamia nuts.).
- 2. Bake at the same temperature, but for 10 to 11 minutes rather than 8 minutes. This will make the cookies crispier.).