Recipe by HGnaien
This is an adaptation of other recipes I've found online when I was looking for a way to use some very ripe bananas. They come out soft with just a bit of crunch from the walnut and cereal. Low fat is an added bonus.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 4 cups crushed Special K cereal
- 2 cups walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Mix in the applesauce.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl and crush enough cereal to make 4 cups of the smaller pieces (this means a lot more than 4 cups of the whole flake cereal). Add the bananas, cereal and eggs to the large bowl and mix well to combine fully with other ingredients.
- Add the walnuts and fold through the dough. The dough will be very soft but should not be runny.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets using a tablespoon. They do not spread much and I suggest a nice big cookie that is thick in the middle.
- My oven bakes fast so I baked them for 7 minutes, turned the cookie sheet around and baked them another 3 minutes and they came out perfectly!
- Cool on wire racks and enjoy!