Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Offered by just about every purveyor of food in Azeroth and off most trash mobs, this World of Warcraft inspired recipe allows any adventurer to make their own fresh loaf of banana bread to take with them while questing or for offering up to their fellow guild mates during raiding. Many thanks to The Bronze Kettle.
- 3 bananas, mashed (need to very ripe)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine bananas, sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and stir. Add flour mixture to banana mixture slowly and beat well.
- Spoon batter into a 9 inch × 5 inch non-stick loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick or clean knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.