Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Don't let the lack of stars fool you! I accidentally forgot to add a cup of white sugar but the recipe has now been corrected. So sorry!! These cookies are great for shipping. They stay soft and they taste great! I sent them to my nephew in Iraq and he and his buddies devoured them in a sitting. You can substitute chocolate chips or dried cranberries and vanilla chips for the raisins to bring variety.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla. Let stand one hour in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and shortening.
- Stir in egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture.
- Add oats and walnuts.
- Form into small balls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
I really had high hopes for these cookies but had a couple of problems. 1. I think it is missing an ingredient. The directions say "cream sugars" but only 1 kind of sugar is listed. 2. I could not form into balls because the dough was too moist. In comparing this recipe to Best Oatmeal Cookies #54351 it looks like it is missing 1 cup of sugar. Maybe with the cup of sugar added the dough would not have been too moist and I could have formed the balls. Following the directions exactly made flat, crunchy cookies that still tasted pretty good.