Recipe by Babushka
A variation on an old Betty Crocker favorite.These are a holiday staple in our family and you WILL NOT EAT JUST ONE! One of my most guarded recipes, now shared with the zaar community. I hope you enjoy. (recipe easily doubles)
Top Review by Chef Deb
I've just made your FABULOUS cookies....I can see why it was one of your most guarded recipes...
(I have a few of those).....Eating just one...very difficult....This will be one of my fall cookies to make EVERY year I'm on this earth.....Thank you so very much for sharing a special recipe.....
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 226.79 g fat free sour cream
- 118.29 ml light margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 768.91 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 9.85 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugars, sour cream, molasses, egg, margarine, and shortening in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Do not over mix!
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookis sheet. Place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake time is roughly 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have browned. May be hard to gage by color so bake until almost no indentation remains in center of cookie when touched.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve by themselves or dipped in whipped cream!