1/1 Photo of Soft As Silk Italian Cream Cake
This cake was the winner of The 2002 Tulsa State Fair Baking Competition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups cake flour (pref. soft as silk cake flour if you can get it)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 can coconut (small, do not know how many ounces. This is all that the recipe gives)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Cream 1/2 cup margarine or butter, sugar and oilin mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- 2Add egg yolks, beat well.
- 3Sift in flour and soda; mix well.
- 4Add buttermilk and 1 tsp vanilla; mix well.
- 5Fold in egg whites, coconut and 1 cup pecans.
- 6Pour into 3 greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until cakes test done.
- 8Remove to wire rack to cool.
- 9Combine 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar in a bowl; beat well.
- 10Stir in 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup pecans.
- 11Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft As Silk Italian Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.2
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: