Recipe by Pets'R'us
The baby oil gives this scrub a nice fragrance. If you want you can grind the oats in a coffee grinder.
Top Review by cali~jenn
i just made this and tried it on my hands. wow, i love this stuff! i used regular baby oil since thats what i had on hand and added a tiny bit of almond and vanilla extract. it smells great! i really wanted to make this now so i could see how it holds up long term, so i could make it for xmas gifts. i will repost after it has had time to set for a while and let you know if it all starts to dissolve or not. ok, i am back to say that it has been a month and a half and this scrub is as good today as it was when i first made it. i was afraid it would break down or something but it has held up wonderfully. and the smell it made by using a little almond and vanilla extract is wondeful. it smells like cookies. thanks for this recipe, i have already made more for xmas gifts.
- 1 cup fine salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup baby oil, maybe more
- 5 -6 capsules vitamin E (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients, add the baby oil, it should look like wet sand now.
- Decide for yourself if you want the consistency oilier and if you do, add more oil.
- Snip the top off the vitamin capsules and add their contents to the scrub, mix and transfer to a plastic jar.
- When using in the shower make sure you are on a non-slip surface.