Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This wonderful recipe can be served slightly warm or cold. I haven't made it yet so please let me know . It has no flour, and the milk should be easily replaced with soy, almond or rice milk.
- heat oven to 160°C Grease and line a 25cm/10 inch springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- melt the chocolate and butter together in a pan over a gentle heat. In another pan, heat the milk with the cooked chestnuts until just boiling, then process to a rough puree with a processor.
- Seperate the egg whites from the yolks. Put the yolks with the sugar and mix, add the chocolate mixture and chestnut puree. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Wisk the whites until stiff, then fold gently into the chocolate chestnut mix.
- Transfer to the cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes or until just set, with a slight wobble in the centre.
- Cool completely then serve cut in a thick wedge with a thick dollop of double cream.