1/1 Photo of Soft and Gooey Chestnut and Chocolate Cake
Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
This wonderful recipe can be served slightly warm or cold. I haven't made it yet so please let me know . It has no flour, and the milk should be easily replaced with soy, almond or rice milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oven to 160°C Grease and line a 25cm/10 inch springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- 2melt the chocolate and butter together in a pan over a gentle heat. In another pan, heat the milk with the cooked chestnuts until just boiling, then process to a rough puree with a processor.
- 3Seperate the egg whites from the yolks. Put the yolks with the sugar and mix, add the chocolate mixture and chestnut puree. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- 4Wisk the whites until stiff, then fold gently into the chocolate chestnut mix.
- 5Transfer to the cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes or until just set, with a slight wobble in the centre.
- 6Cool completely then serve cut in a thick wedge with a thick dollop of double cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft and Gooey Chestnut and Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.6
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g