Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
Found in my Betty Crocker cookbook. Tastes great and rises lots in the oven.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Combine all ingredients in a breadmaker, or use a stand mixer until a soft and springy dough forms.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Shape and place in greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise another hour.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 38 minutes. Makes one 1.5 lb loaf.