1/1 Photo of Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
This is a quick and easy not-too-sweet cookie, shaped by rolling into balls rather than rolled out and cut. The dough will keep in freezer for up to a week. The baked cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4With mixer, beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add egg and vanilla; beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- 7Place 1/2 cup sugar in shallow bowl.
- 8Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, roll in sugar and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. (If the dough seems too sticky to handle, ill a medium-sized bowl half way with cold tap water. Before you roll each ball of dough, dip your hands in cold water and dry--this will keep dough cool and help keep it from sticking to your hands.).
- 9Butter bottom of glass and then dip in sugar.
- 10Flatten dough balls with glass until about 3/4 inch thick.
- 11Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges and very lightly colored, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 12Cool cookies on baking sheets about 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g