Recipe by AmyZoe
These are soft and buttery. Fabulous. Courtesy of Heather Carter of MySweetMission.net
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 7⁄8 ounces m and m's mini milk chocolate candies, reserve 1/4 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 360. This temperature is perfect for gourmet cookies.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and salt.
- Mix on low speed for about a minute, then on medium speed for another minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix on low until the eggs are blended in and then at medium speed for a minute and then on high speed for an additional minute.
- The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda. Then add the remainder of the flour one cup at a time.
- Mix in the M and M's on low speed, reserving 1/4 cup for the tops.
- Using a 2 ounce cookie scraper, place dough on ungreased cooking sheets about 2 inches apart. Place a few M and M's on the tops when needed.
- Bake in a preheated 360 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.