Recipe by Manda
This cookie is BY FAR my family's favorite cookie that always disappears first on the Christmas cookie tray! They are very simple, but kids and adults alike love this chewy, chocolaty cookie. I usually double the recipe, which will use one 12 oz. bag of M&M's. You can make these festive by using holiday M&Ms, which I love to do at Easter and Christmas
Top Review by MichJ
Just as described - soft and chewy! These are the best M&M cookies I've tried. I did as other reviewers suggested and lowered the baking temp to 350. I also used butter because I don't keep shortening on hand. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 236.59 ml Crisco shortening
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add combined flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Drop by Tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 M&Ms onto top of each cookie.
- Bake in 375°F for 10-12 minutes.