Recipe by veraj9170
I love coconut and these macaroons are very soft and sweet and chewy. This is my second recipe for this cookie and I just can't get enough! The trick to getting that soft chewy perfect macaroon is to really whip the egg whites. The first time I made these they flattened out abit so I adjusted the coconut and added another 1/2 cup just to give it abit more chewiness and baked it abit longer to crisp the outside while the middle was nice a chewy. But please adjust to your tastes.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, beat egg whites and vanilla until really stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in coconut and flour until blended.
- Drop from a teaspoon on to a parchment lined cookie sheet (yes for this recipe you should use it) make sure you space the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove cookie sheet and allow cookies to cool on it. When fully cool, carefully remove cookies using metal spatula and store in airtight container to stay soft.
- You can drizzle a little melted chocolate on them if you like, just be sure to allow the chocolate to completely dry before storing.