Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from Grandmother's Kitchen
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cream the cold butter and sugar together by beating them until they are smooth in a stand mixer.
- Add the corn syrup, egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- Scrape down the bowl and gradually add the flour mix, beating just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Using a spoon scoop out a ball of the dough and drop onto a lightly greased cookie tray.
- Flatten slightly.
- Repeat leaving lots of room in between the balls for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes.
- Cool for two minutes on the cookie sheet then remove and cool further.