Recipe by * Pamela *
I got this recipe from my annual Christmas Bake Exchange.
Top Review by Motivated Mama
I was SO skeptical throughout the entire baking process... Not enough chocolate, I thought, wrong dough consistancy, I thought, wrong size balls, I thought... Boy did I think WRONG! The dough didn't firm up like I expected, even after some time in the freezer so I just used a cookie scoop and made bigger cookies so I didn't have to get my hands all sticky. Even after pulling them out of the oven I still wasn't sure about them, but after that all imortant one minute rest time on the cookie sheet (some needed two or three since I made them bigger) I took one bite and was in love! My husband who is a major chocolate chip cookie guy really liked them too! I just added the white chocolate on top and put sprinkles on some and they are beautiful! They really are super soft and chewy!!! I added a touch of peppermint extract to the batter to make them more "Christmasy" and out of all the Christmas goodies I made this year, these are my favorite!! Thank you SO much for posting this quick, easy, chewy and delightful recipe!!
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- white chocolate (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar. Blaend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased abking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until just set(Do not overbake!). Laet stand on baking sheet for 1 minute abd then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.