Recipe by gailanng
Variations of sofrito are made throughout the Caribbean and parts of Latin America. They can vary from mild to very spicy. Freezable.
- 2 medium green peppers, seeds removed
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeds removed
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley leaves
- 1 jalapenos (to taste and optional) or 1 habanero chili pepper (to taste and optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (this will help with the consistancy)
- salt (optional)
- fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop ingredients into chunks that are small enough to fit into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth or desired consistency.
- Note 1: If your food processor is not large enough to hold all of the ingredients, transfer into a large mixing bowl and repeat.
- Note 2: May be frozen. Divide mixture into ice cube trays or plastic containers and freeze.