A Cooking Light recipe posted for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- cooking spray
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 1/2 lbs cleaned red snapper, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3To prepare cakes, place green bell pepper and the next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a food processor; pulse until minced.
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 5Add bell pepper mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 6Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- 7Place bread in food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.
- 8Chop 1 pound of fish into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a large bowl.
- 9Chop remaining 1/2 pound fish; place in food processor.
- 10Pulse until finely minced; add to chopped fish.
- 11Add bell pepper mixture, breadcrumbs, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, orange rind, and egg whites to fish mixture; stir until well blended.
- 12Divide fish mixture into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 13Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- 14Add 6 patties; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 15Transfer patties to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 16Repeat process 3 times with remaining oil and patties.
- 17Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sofrito Fish Cakes With Creamy Chipotle Tartar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo