Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Cooking Light recipe posted for safekeeping.
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- cooking spray
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cleaned red snapper, divided
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare cakes, place green bell pepper and the next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a food processor; pulse until minced.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Place bread in food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.
- Chop 1 pound of fish into 1/4-inch pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Chop remaining 1/2 pound fish; place in food processor.
- Pulse until finely minced; add to chopped fish.
- Add bell pepper mixture, breadcrumbs, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, orange rind, and egg whites to fish mixture; stir until well blended.
- Divide fish mixture into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 6 patties; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer patties to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat process 3 times with remaining oil and patties.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.