Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy latin dish for the crock pot!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup prepared sofrito sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Grease crockpot with olive oil (leave the rest in the crockpot).
- Add all ingredients and mix well, adding chicken last; stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
I cooked on low for 4 hours using breast meat. I do suggest the thighs you`ll get tender results compared to breast meat. Recipe #109425 is my choice of sofrito. Made brown rice with sofrito as a side. Thanks.
Fantastic and easy. I added garlic, cilantro, cumin and lime juice to the sofrito. It was wonderful over rice with pigeon peas. Will make this again and again.
What a phenominal and easy dish! We had it with spanish rice with Pigeon peas. It was so yummy! I went a little crazy on the sofrito sauce so I had extra for dipping and pouring over the chicken. Thank you so much for this delicious recipe! XO LA :-)