Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 486 calories, 52g protein, 9 net carbs, 29g fat, 189mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup sofrito sauce, prepared (see note)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- **Sofrito is a bottled seasoning mixture containing tomatoes, green peppers, onions, garlic, olives, and seasonings. Look for it in the ethnic section of the store.
- Grease the crockpot with olive oil (leave excess in the crock).
- Add all ingredients, except chicken thighs, to the crock and mix well to combine.
- Add chicken thighs and toss to coat chicken with sofrito mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.