This sofrito recipe is prepared as the first step in many Puerto Rican bean, rice, and stewed dishes. The amount of ingredients can be adjusted according to taste. Recipe is for a 6-8" serving-size dish. It can be doubled or tripled to suit the amount of food being prepared.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skins from onion and garlic.
- 2Remove seeds from green and sweet chili peppers.
- 3Rinse in water.
- 4Then finely chop these ingredients, including the cilantro.
- 5Place a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat; add oil and oregano.
- 6Add the chopped ingredients.
- 7Continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure an even blending of the flavors.
- 8Now you are ready to continue with the rest of the dish being prepared.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sofrito Basico
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: