Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sofrito is a base for Latin cooking. Use it to make beans, meats, stews, rice dishes etc.
- 1 head garlic or 20 garlic cloves
- 2 cubanelle peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- You can freeze half of this and keep the other half in the refrigerator.
- Keeps in refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Keeps in freezer for 6 months.