Recipe by Provl8dy in training
This is a twist on the famous Puerto Rican base. I am all about making it easy and fresh and not wasting anything plus I don't have a store nearby that I can get authentic Spanish seasoning so I had to come up with something as close as possible.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (you can add up to 2 more if you really want some zing)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (washed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil, depending on strength of your blender
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop onion and bell pepper and place half of mixture in blender.
- Add olive oil, puree.
- As mixture becomes more like a paste, add garlic.
- Add whole cilantro bunch through lid opening. You will need to stop blending in order to push bunch down.
- Once you have a green puree, aka green gold, pour out mixture into an ice cube tray. Should make about 12 cubes.
- When making your favorite stew or rice dish, pop out one cube for every 6 servings and add as base.