Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Stole this from my daughter. She makes it better, but this version is pretty good too. You should use fresh pasta - any kind is fine. You can substitute zucchini for the broccoli. Of course everything can be adjusted to taste.
- Put salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Peel and slice onions. Caramelize in sauté pan in the olive oil.
- Chop broccoli into 1" pieces.
- Chop tomatoes into 1" pieces.
- Add tomatoes, chili, wine, salt, pepper, and oregano to the mix. Simmer until the tomatoes are getting soft. If there isn't' enough liquid, you can add water or broth.
- Add broccoli and capers. Put a lid on the pot and good until tender, but still green, watching that the pan doesnt' go dry.
- When you add the broccoli is a good time to put the pasta in boiling water and cook following package directions.
- To serve, put pasta on plate, cover with sauce, add a slice of fresh mozzarella and some grated parmesan.