1/3 Photos of Sofia Loren's Pasta Sauce With Onions and Pancetta
This is a recipe that is more than the sum of it's parts. Bacon can be used instead of Pancetta making this a great "unexpected company" dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the bacon and onions.
- 2When the onions begin to turn golden add the Chile pepper, tomatoes, basil and a pinch of salt.
- 3Cook the sauce for about 15 minutes until the flavors are nicely combined.
- 4Meanwhile cook 1# bucatini until al dente.
- 5Toss the pasta with the sauce and sprinkle generously with cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sofia Loren's Pasta Sauce With Onions and Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: