Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Does anyone remember the grade school science experiment done by dangling a tooth into cola? Back then the cola broke down the tooth. In this marinade the soft drink and soy sauce work together as tenderizers in much the same way. The end result is very tender and flavorful chicken!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces canned soda pop, any flavor freshly opened
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Combine marinade ingredients in large ziploc bag; add 2-3 pounds chicken to bag and seal.
- Marinate 2-24 hours in refrigerator, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag, grill, and enjoy!
Super good!! I used black cherry soda, marinated it for about 4 hours and grilled it on my indoor grill. It was terrific! The soda and horseradish blended together wonderfully.
This was juicy. I used Sprite, and marinated overnight. For some reason though we thought it lacked flavor, the only pronounced flavor was the soy sauce. My Dh thought it tasted like teriyaki.
This was a very good marinade. Personally, I think I may increase the horseradish for a spicer finish. Thanks for sharing.