Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
This is a keeper. Simple and sublime! Can be served as an appetizer or main course...
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled, deviened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel (grated)
- 2 teaspoons oregano (minced)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- Combine all. Let stand 1-2 hours.
- Drain shrimp. Thread onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Heat broiler. Broil 3 minutes each side.
Threaded this onto skewers along with bell peppers and cherry tomatoes for a family get together. Everybody thought they were very special and I'm a culinary genius. Thanks, Lori.
I cant believe I forgot to review this recipe. It was absolutely fabulous. And SO easy to make.
You are so right, Lori; simple and sublime. Served as one of two simple appetizers for an Easter feast. Instead of one small clove, Lori, I roasted a whole head of garlic, squeezed out the cloves when cool enough to handle and crushed them with a fork; added to the other ingredients and mixed well to coat the shrimp, skewered and served as you suggested... Lovely. Thank you Lori.