1/2 Photos of Sockeye Popeye Pasta With Roasted Vegetables
Pot Scrubber's Note:
I created a variation of this Pot Scrubber original dish for a Zaar recipe contest but missed the deadline. Oops. It's too late for me to submit it but it is not too late for you to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (Sockeye)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves (Popeye)
- 6 white pearl onions
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb eggplant (chopped into large cubes)
- 8 garlic cloves (left whole, not chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 black olives (Kalamata Olives if you can get them)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked (I like angel hair or spaghetti)
- 2 lemon wedges (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400. If you buy your smoked salmon vacuum packed and refrigerated like I do, then place the salmon on top of the stove so the heat from the oven will warm it up while the vegetables are roasting.
- 2Combine the pearl onions, cherry tomatoes, cubed eggplant, whole garlic cloves, capers, and olives in a large cast iron or calphalon skillet coated with olive oil.
- 3Toss the vegetables a bit and try to arrange them so as many vegetables as possible make contact with the skillet.
- 4Pop into the oven and roast them for about 20-30 minutes until they are roasted well.
- 5Prepare pasta and drain very well. Add about a TB of olive oil and the baby spinach leaves and flaked salmon to the hot pasta and toss. This will just slightly wilt the spinach. Cover so it stays warm.
- 6When the vegetables are roasted then pour them and any juices or oil that is left in the skillet in with the pasta.
- 7Toss again and sprinkle generously with black pepper. I doubt you will need any more olive oil but if your pasta is dry then add some more if you need to. Serve on a pretty plate with a lemon wedge for sprinkling.
- 8There you have it.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sockeye Popeye Pasta With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 859.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g