Recipe by Mary Lord
This most delicious recipe is straight off the back of the Duncan Hines cake mix box, but any good cake mix will do.
Top Review by Allison Hurst
I love this cake and was raised on it. It's so easy! Here's what my mom did that makes it even quicker and not quite so sweet. (At least the glaze part.) For the filling: Get rid of the nuts and cake mix and use 3 T of brown sugar and 1 T of cinnamon. When the cake is ready to go into the oven, take a knife and cut the cake batter up and down all the way around the bundt pan. This makes the filling swirl just a bit and keeps the cake from falling apart at the filling line. For the glaze: Just sift powdered sugar over the top.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake mix (reserved)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- For streusel filling, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir in pecans.
- For cake, combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour two-thirds of batter into pan, sprinkle struesel filling.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes, and invert onto a serving plate, and then cool completely.
- For glaze combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth, and then drizzle onto cake.