1/2 Photos of Sock It to Me Cake
Mary Lord's Note:
This most delicious recipe is straight off the back of the Duncan Hines cake mix box, but any good cake mix will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake mix (reserved)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- 3For streusel filling, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir in pecans.
- 4For cake, combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, and sugar in a bowl.
- 5Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- 6Pour two-thirds of batter into pan, sprinkle struesel filling.
- 7Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- 8Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan 25 minutes, and invert onto a serving plate, and then cool completely.
- 10For glaze combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- 11Stir until smooth, and then drizzle onto cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sock It to Me Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: