1 hr 5 mins
I heard about a "Sock-It-To-Me Cake" in a book I read and it sounded good, so I did a search on the internet and found this recipe on http://www.makemeacake.com.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- 3In large mixing bowl, blend together cake mix, sour cream, oil, 1/4 cup sugar, water and eggs.
- 4Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour 2/3 of batter into pan.
- 6Combine filling ingredients and sprinkle over batter in pan.
- 7Spread remaining batter evenly over filling mixture.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 9Cool for about 25 minutes; remove from pan and glaze.
- 10High Altitude: When baking at high altitudes, Stir in ½ cup flour into mix. Mix as directed above using the sour cream, 1/3 cup oil, 2 tablespoons Sugar, 2/3 cup water, and 4 eggs, Bake at 400 until done. 40-50 minute Be sure to use oil as some other brands cause the cake to fail.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sock-It-To-Me Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g