Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I heard about a "Sock-It-To-Me Cake" in a book I read and it sounded good, so I did a search on the internet and found this recipe on http://www.makemeacake.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together cake mix, sour cream, oil, 1/4 cup sugar, water and eggs.
- Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into pan.
- Combine filling ingredients and sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Spread remaining batter evenly over filling mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for about 25 minutes; remove from pan and glaze.
- High Altitude: When baking at high altitudes, Stir in ½ cup flour into mix. Mix as directed above using the sour cream, 1/3 cup oil, 2 tablespoons Sugar, 2/3 cup water, and 4 eggs, Bake at 400 until done. 40-50 minute Be sure to use oil as some other brands cause the cake to fail.
I was going to add this recipe to the zaar, but when I did a search it was already here. I must give it 5 stars! It is so easy, moist and delicious!
This is a nice touch to a box cake. It was easy and didn't take long to make and was good. This one is a keeper for me.
I found this recipe for Thanksgiving last year, and my husband has made it at least twice a month ever since! WE LOVE IT!!!