Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sochen is a folded flat cake with a filling made from tvorog (cottage cheese). Sochni will be a perfect dessert for tea or a light snack in the middle of the day. Serve with melted butter.
For the Dough
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
For the Filling
- 3 cups cottage cheese (tvorog)
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Combine flour, water, butter, and salt into an unleavened dough and roll it out to a thickness of 1/16 inch.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circles 4 inches in a diameter.
- Put 1 Tbsp filling on one half of a disc, cover and pinch the edges.
- For the filling, combine cottage cheese with eggs, sour cream and sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven until light brown, 40 to 45 minutes.