Recipe by lazyme
A nice Asian side dish that goes very well with seafood skewers. I personally add a little more peanut butter because I like the taste and to thicken the sauce a little more.
Top Review by dreamavision
So delicious and easy...had it twice in 3 days heh heh...shared the recipe with friends and they had great successes ...yummy great quick meal!!! Thank you fot sharing...I did add a little salt and more vinegar , I loke the bite :)
- 8 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in 4 quarts rapidly boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Transfer seeds to a bowl.
- Mince ginger and garlic.
- Finely chop green part of green onions and mince the rest.
- Combine half the sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, white part of onions, sesame oil, peanut butter, warm water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot pepper oil and sugar.
- Correct seasoning, adding soy sauce or vinegar to taste. (May be prepared ahead to this stage.)
- Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce.
- Sprinkle with reserved green onions and sesame seeds and serve.