1/2 Photos of Soba With Sesame Peanut Sauce
A nice Asian side dish that goes very well with seafood skewers. I personally add a little more peanut butter because I like the taste and to thicken the sauce a little more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Cook noodles in 4 quarts rapidly boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- 2Refresh under cold water and drain.
- 3Toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 4Lightly toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat.
- 5Transfer seeds to a bowl.
- 6Mince ginger and garlic.
- 7Finely chop green part of green onions and mince the rest.
- 8Combine half the sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, white part of onions, sesame oil, peanut butter, warm water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot pepper oil and sugar.
- 9Correct seasoning, adding soy sauce or vinegar to taste. (May be prepared ahead to this stage.)
- 10Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce.
- 11Sprinkle with reserved green onions and sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba With Sesame Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1055.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil