1/2 Photos of Soba Soup With Spinach and Tofu
MMMMMmmmmmm, this soup is so good! From Sara's Secrets TV show. Soba is buckwheat noodles. This is comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the broth
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant dashi stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lb dried soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb spinach, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well, dryed, and cut crosswise into 1 1/2 inch-wide str
- 8 -10 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (preferably silken)
- 3 -4 tablespoons miso, to taste (fermented bean paste)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1Make the broth: In a saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- 2Stir in the dashi and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the soy sauce and the sugar and simmer the broth for 5 minutes.
- 4Strain the broth through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl and pour it back into the pan.
- 5In a kettle of salted boiling water cook the noodles for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are al dente, being careful not to overcook them, drain them in a colander, and rinse them under cold water.
- 6Add the carrots to the broth and simmer them, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in the spinach and the tofu and simmer the soup for 1 minute.
- 8In a small bowl stir together well 1/2 cup of the soup broth and the miso and pour the mixture back into the pan.
- 9Divide the noodles among 6 large bowls, ladle the soup over them, and sprinkle each serving with some of the scallions.
- 10I sometimes sprinkle toasted nori over the soup.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba Soup With Spinach and Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2004.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant dashi stock