Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always up for trying new things- and since I have never had soba noodles before, I can't wait to try this!
- coarse salt
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shaved into thin strips using a vegetable peeler (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup coarsley chopped of fresh mint
- fresh ground pepper
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.
- Bring a large (8 quart) pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- Add peas; cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer peas to ice-water bath to stop the cooking; drain.
- Return water to a boil; cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain- Rinse noodles with cold water; drain.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
- Add oils; toss to combine.
- Add reserved peas, the carrots, ginger, scallions, tamari soy sauce, and mint; season with pepper.
- Toss to combine- Serve at room temperature.