Recipe by lazyme
From Cooking Light. I love dishes like this and usually end up cleaning out the refrigerator with a little bit of whatever veggies I have left. Feel free to add/subract any that you would like.
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea
- 1 (6 ounce) package soba noodles, uncooked (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushroom (2 caps)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends off peas, and remove the strings; thinly slice each pea lengthwise. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- Add soba; return to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold, running water; drain well.
- Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup hot water and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions and garlic; sauté‚2 minutes.
- Add sliced snow peas and carrot; sauté‚1 minute.
- Add mushroom caps, and saute, 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add soba, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup).