From Cooking Light. I love dishes like this and usually end up cleaning out the refrigerator with a little bit of whatever veggies I have left. Feel free to add/subract any that you would like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb fresh snow pea
- 1 (6 ounce) package soba noodles, uncooked (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushroom (2 caps)
- 1Trim ends off peas, and remove the strings; thinly slice each pea lengthwise. Set aside.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- 3Add soba; return to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse under cold, running water; drain well.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Combine 1 cup hot water and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 7Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add green onions and garlic; sauté‚2 minutes.
- 9Add sliced snow peas and carrot; sauté‚1 minute.
- 10Add mushroom caps, and saute, 2 minutes.
- 11Add peanut butter mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Add soba, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- 13Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba Noodles With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g