Recipe by Shana C
I had a bunch of green onions that were getting wilty and a craving for Japanese noodles and eggs. This was a quick, easy and low fat fix to my craving!
- 5 eggs
- 6 -8 ounces soba noodles
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon jarred chopped gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Bring chicken broth, dry sherry, sugar, soy sauce, ginger and about 3/4 of the green onions to a boil. Simmer while the egg is cooking.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with a dash of soy sauce. Cook egg pancake in a covered omlette pan sprayed with Pam. Cut into slices.
- Arrange some noodles and egg slices in an individual serving bowl and garnish with some of the remaining green onions. Cover with broth. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes on if desired.