Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
- 340.19 g shrimp (fresh or frozen or thawed)
- 226.79 g dried soba noodles, broken in half (or vermicelli)
- 396.89 g can low sodium chicken broth
- 59.14 ml mirin
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml instant dashi stock
- 2 scallions, bias-sliced
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook noodles in a large amount boiling water about 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broth, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, and dashi.
- Bring to boiling; decrease heat.
- Add shrimp; simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls.
- Pour shrimp and broth over noodles.
- Sprinkle with scallions; serve immediately.