Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
- 12 ounces shrimp (fresh or frozen or thawed)
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles, broken in half (or vermicelli)
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant dashi stock
- 2 scallions, bias-sliced
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook noodles in a large amount boiling water about 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broth, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, and dashi.
- Bring to boiling; decrease heat.
- Add shrimp; simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls.
- Pour shrimp and broth over noodles.
- Sprinkle with scallions; serve immediately.